Working at FeatureX
FeatureX is disrupting the field of satellite image analysis and empowering our customers to make globally-informed business decisions. We allow clients to easily and inexpensively acquire and analyze satellite images and other remote sensing data. We work closely with major image providers to deliver comprehensive image acquisition and analysis.
Using our tools, we help organizations build web-based applications for either internal use or for the development, sales, and deployment of SaaS applications worldwide. These organizations can focus on their business needs while we handle the licensing and acquisition of images and do the heavy lifting with regard to image analysis and computer vision.
Our goals are dependent on the successful development of three things: products, technologies, and teams. At our core, we attract scientists and engineers who value innovation and creativity, excellence in research and development, and delivering world class products with positive impact. Joining FeatureX means being a trumpeter of these values and a primary contributor to the success of the next wave of AI application.
As a full stack software engineer at FeatureX, you will be familiar with every part of the product, from building and deploying large scale analytics platforms to managing different technologies in the cloud. You will know how all of the pieces fit together, from the low-level security protocols and machine learning algorithms to the custom applications that use our product. If the following responsibilities excite you, let’s talk further.
- Explore new technologies to solve outstanding questions with the Platform
- Interact closely with existing technologies in the platform (AWS, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, etc.)
- Play a critical role in designing and building the data warehouse
- Develop algorithms to predictively pre-fetch data
- Implement security restrictions on the data, defining protocols for granted access
- Design and implement API’s between services and micro-services
- Maintain and monitor services, scaling them up when necessary
- Own services – this includes building, deploying, documenting, testing, and evaluating
- Participate in the Agile development process
A successful candidate will have some or all of the following attributes:
- BS or MS degree in computer science
- Advanced programming skills in Java, Python, and Bash
- Demonstrated fluency with data structures and algorithms
- Experience with different tools related to cloud computing, databases, and services
- Ability to think creatively, applying both new and known solutions to complex problems
1. We are now hiring intern positions for this type of role. If you are seeking an internship, please indicate this clearly and specify the dates of your availability.
2. We're currently only hiring people who are able to work in the United States.