Working at FeatureX
FeatureX is disrupting the field of satellite image analysis and empowering our customers to make globally-informed business decisions. We allow clients to easily and inexpensively acquire and analyze satellite images and other remote sensing data. We work closely with major image providers to deliver comprehensive image acquisition and analysis.
Using our tools, we help organizations build web-based applications for either internal use or for the development, sales, and deployment of SaaS applications worldwide. These organizations can focus on their business needs while we handle the licensing and acquisition of images and do the heavy lifting with regard to image analysis and computer vision.
We provide substantial discounts for researchers and academic institutions, as well as support for non-profit organizations that monitor the health of our planet's environment.
Our goals are dependent on the successful development of three things: products, technologies, and teams. At our core, we attract scientists and engineers who value innovation and creativity, excellence in research and development, and delivering world class products with positive impact. Joining FeatureX means being a trumpeter of these values and a primary contributor to the success of the next wave of AI application.
We are looking for computer vision research scientists who can apply and develop computer vision algorithms to extract information from high-resolution satellite images and other remote sensing data. As part of this team, you will be engaged in fundamental research in deep learning, including CNN’s, RNN’s, and GAN's. You will develop novel algorithms for object detection, change detection, and general scene understanding, moving beyond what is possible to do with off-the-shelf software.
Skills and Requirements:
A successful candidate will have some or all of the following attributes:
- MS or PhD degree in computer science or other quantitative disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to create, invent, and be innovative
- Solid understanding of current deep learning computer vision techniques
- A good understanding of statistical machine learning techniques
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced research environment
- Enthusiasm for pursuing new challenges and technologies
- Intermediate programming skills in Python and C++ / Java
- Experience with using deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Theano, or Caffe
- Experience with satellite imagery
- Publications in computer vision and machine learning conferences and journals
- Open source contributions
1. We are now hiring intern positions for this type of role. If you are seeking an internship, please indicate this clearly and specify the dates of your availability.
2. We're currently only hiring people who are able to work in the United States.