Working at FeatureX
FeatureX uses AI to discover meaningful patterns in the world's data. We use computer vision, deep learning and statistical machine learning to extract useful patterns that occur over time and present this information in a manner that is both valuable and easily understandable.
We attract scientists and engineers with a true passion for data. We seek individuals who want to build for today and invent for tomorrow. If you join us, you’ll have the freedom to approach, own, and solve problems creatively.
We are looking for computer vision research scientists who can apply and develop computer vision algorithms to extract information from high-resolution satellite images and other remote sensing data. As part of this team, you will be engaged in fundamental research in deep learning, including CNN’s, RNN’s, GAN, and super-resolution. You will develop novel algorithms for object detection and recognition and scene understanding, moving beyond what is possible to do with off-the-shelf software.
Skills and Requirements:
A successful candidate will have some or all of the following attributes:
- MS or PhD degree in computer science or other quantitative disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to create, invent, and be innovative
- Solid understanding of current deep learning computer vision techniques
- A good understanding of statistical machine learning techniques
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced research environment
- Enthusiasm for pursuing new challenges and technologies
- Intermediate programming skills in Python and C++ / Java
- Experience with using deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Theano, or Caffe
- Experience with satellite imagery
- Publications in computer vision and machine learning conferences and journals
- Open source contributions
1. We are now hiring intern positions for this type of role. If you are seeking an internship, please indicate this clearly and specify the dates of your availability.
2. We're currently only hiring people who are able to work in the United States.