Working at FeatureX
FeatureX is disrupting the field of satellite image analysis and empowering our customers to make globally-informed business decisions. We allow clients to easily and inexpensively acquire and analyze satellite images and other remote sensing data. We work closely with major image providers to deliver comprehensive image acquisition and analysis.
Using our tools, we help organizations build web-based applications for either internal use or for the development, sales, and deployment of SaaS applications worldwide. These organizations can focus on their business needs while we handle the licensing and acquisition of images and do the heavy lifting with regard to image analysis and computer vision.
Our goals are dependent on the successful development of three things: products, technologies, and teams. At our core, we attract scientists and engineers who value innovation and creativity, excellence in research and development, and delivering world class products with positive impact. Joining FeatureX means being a trumpeter of these values and a primary contributor to the success of the next wave of AI application.
As a backend software developer at FeatureX, you will be responsible for production code, from building image processing and other services to designing and implementing external-facing API’s. You will expand the product with new analytic capabilities for higher level functionality, taking the initial product to the customer-ready phase. Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop new analytic capabilities for the product
- Own services – this includes building, deploying, documenting, testing, and evaluating
- Contribute to our data processing module, working with research scientists to incorporate new algorithms for image alignment, segmentation, enhancement, and more
- Integrate new sources of imagery into the current system
- Build the application gateway, developing solutions to handle large numbers of simultaneous requests
- Work with the Web Application Developers to build missing backend components of our applications
- Participate in the agile development process
A successful candidate will have some or all of the following attributes:
- BS or MS degree in computer science
- Expert programming skills in Java and familiarity with Python
- Demonstrable fluency with data structures and algorithms
- Ability to develop within distributed, asynchronous systems
- Comfortable working with Linux
- Ability to think creatively, applying new and known solutions to complex problems
1. We are now hiring intern positions for this type of role. If you are seeking an internship, please indicate this clearly and specify the dates of your availability.
2. We're currently only hiring people who are able to work in the United States.